Sport & Activities
The Activities sessions are designed to run alongside our existing programme for local British junior pupils. The sessions will help students interact and mix with pupils from other countries and our own British children, enabling them get to know each other better, learn new vocabulary and increase communication skills.
- Students enjoy doing many different activities and sports, because they are having fun but at the same time, they are developing their language skills naturally.
- Organised sports and activities take place every afternoon (or during the morning if you are on the Teens' Programme) apart from excursion days.
- Some activities may be off-site (such as bowling) in which case transport will be provided to and from the venue.
- Sometimes there are limited numbers for certain activities (such as swimming) in which case students will be asked to sign up beforehand. All activities and sports may be subject to change.
- All sports and activities are supervised by Bromsgrove staff with the recommended staff : student ratios.
A list of activities* include;
- Art and design
- Mad Science
* The activities and sports may be subject to change at any time and will be based on demand.
**Gym may be used by pupils aged over 16 years if they attend an induction.
Bromsgrove staff organise a full programme of social events, games and entertainment every evening including discos, talent shows and pizza nights. By encouraging the mixing of nationalities and developing students’ awareness and social skills, we create a harmonious international community in which students can live, study and enjoy themselves. In addition, these events give students the opportunity to practise their spoken English and have lots of fun.
Entertainment and Evening Activities take place each day after supper
There are many whole-school events to encourage mixing and social integration.
Students hear and speak English in natural situations.
Some activities take place off campus, in which case transport will be provided to and from the venue, with strict supervision from Bromsgrove staff at all times.
All events and activities are organised and supervised by Bromsgrove Staff.
Recommended staff : student ratios are maintained at all times.
A variety of events* are offered every week including a staff and student talent show, DVD nights, sports tournaments, disco and karaoke. Cinema trips and bowling may be subject to an additonal charge.
* The evening activities may be subject to change at any time.