Summer Vacation Course
Our Summer Vacation Courses improve students' general English language skills and include work on grammar, vocabulary, communication and presentation skills
- Placement test on application and arrival.
- There are two courses running simultaneously; Juniors aged 8-12 and Teens aged 13-17.
- Each class has an average of 14 students.
- The course provides 15 hours of intensive English tuition per week (to include presentation skills).
- Our syllabus offers varied, current and meaningful topics to engage and motivate students. All course materials are provided.
- Teachers are suitably qualified; trained and vetted by International House Bristol.
- Enjoyable activities to encourage confidence in speaking more fluently.
- End-of-course report and certificate.
- All lessons take place in our modern humanities building. All rooms have state of the art teaching equipment and projectors.
Academic Preparation Course
Our Academic Preparation Course is designed for motivated and inquisitive international students aged 11-17 who are intending to study at a British boarding school in the near future.
- The course is designed to help prepare students for the academic work and life at a British boarding school.
- Teaching is divided into morning and afternoon classes, enabling students to get the most out of their studies whilst they are here with us.
- Intensive English lessons are topic-based, with materials specifically designed for international students.The lessons will help students develop their communication skills and English vocabulary. The maximum number of people in these classes is 15.
- Academic Preparation classes will have an average of 10 participants, enabling each student to receive personal attention from our qualified and experienced teachers, all of whom are full-time qualified Bromsgrove School teachers employed on our year-round academic program. Classwork will include interactive discussions and analysis on a variety of subject areas, problem solving, group and individual work, vocabulary training, past exam questions and reading with course book selections.
- There are two main elements to the academic preparation programme: Core and Elective subjects.
- The core subject is the main area of study. Students will choose to study either Maths or Business Studies and will have seven core subject classes of 100 minutes each during the two week course.
- Elective subjects are studied for 70 minutes a day and for a total of seven days during the two week course. Each student will study a different elective each week based on their preferences, ensuring that the student grasps a wide range of subjects in readiness for life at a UK boarding school.
- The elective subjects on offer are: Literature and Art, Economics, General Science and Humanities.